Paleo Cadbury Egg Stuffed Fudgy Brownies. (Gluten Free, Grain Free & Dairy Free )
Calling all Cadbury Egg lovers- this recipe is for YOU! Imagine the yummy filling from Cadbury Eggs made with healthier ingredients stuffed into a DECADENT brownie and thats what you have here. I took my famous brownie base and stuck a homemade creamy honey based Cadbury filling inside. Make these Brownes and bring them to share with friends/family. They will be totally impressed.
For best results DO NOT make any substitutions beyond those that I have suggested!
Paleo Cadbury Egg Stuffed Fudgy Brownies. (Grain Free)
· 1 Stick plus 2 TBSP Butter or ghee
· 1-10 oz Package of chocolate chips (Dairy or Nondairy)
· 1 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
· 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
· 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
· 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
· 1/4 cup honey
· 1/4 cup softened butter or ghee
· 1 tbsp water
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups powdered honey or powdered sugar
· natural orange food coloring
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
· 3/4 Cup Melted Chocolate Chips
· 1/2 Cup Coconut or Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine the chocolate chips and the butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Then mix until smooth.
3. Pour in and mix all the other ingredients
4. Pour batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
5. Place in oven for 35 minutes.
6. Check brownies to make sure they are cooked, they should be firm and set. If the batter is still jiggly bake another 5 minutes. Then remove batter from oven and let it sit and cool for several hours.
7. After the brownies have firmed up and cooled its time to make the cadbury cream.
8. To make the cream: Combine the honey, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl, beat well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered honey gradually and mix until creamy.
9. Remove about 1/2 of the sugar mixture and place in a small bowl, add a few drops of the food coloring and mix well.
10. Spoon and spread the whitish half of the cream on top of the brownies. Then on top of that spread the orange. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
11. Make the chocolate ganache next. Place the cream and chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove and mix till smooth. Pour over the top of the brownies. Then place them back in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
12. For a perfectly clean slice these brownies cut best if they are partially frozen.
13. They can be stored long term in the fridge or freezer.