Crispy Crash Potatoes with magic green sauce! (gluten/grain/dairy/nut/soy/coconut free)
If you have never made crash potatoes before- NOW IS THE TIME! They bring out the very best in a potato! Crispy on the edges, soft on the inside. Be prepared to have a hard time not eating the whole pan!
The Magic green sauce is equally delicious. Make a batch and dump it all over these potatoes, and every other vegetable that you eat roasted or fresh! I also enjoy using the magic green sauce as a salad dressing.
· 1 24 oz bag of baby gold or red potatoes
· 3 tbsp Melted coconut oil (or other cooking oil of choice)
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in water and then strain once fork tender.
2. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and use a fork to gently smash them.
3. Drizzle oil on plus salt and pepper and put them in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour until crispy.
4. They can be served plain- but I highly recommend drizzling them with the Paleo Magic Green Sauce recipe and sprinkling some chopped fresh cilantro on top!
Paleo Magic Green Sauce! (Gluten/Grain/Nut/Dairy Free)
· 1 Avocado
· 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
· 1/4 cup of packed fresh parsley
· 1/2 Jalapeño (seeds removed) *You can use a jalapeño but the sauce will be quite spicy)
· 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
· The zest of 1 lime
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp onion powder
· 1/4-1/2 tsp cumin (to taste)
· 1/2 cup of water
· 1/2 cup of Avocado Oil OR a mild tasting Olive Oil
1. Place all the ingredients in a food process and blend until smooth!
2. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.