Keto Grits (gluten/grain/dairy free)
Grits is traditionally a southern breakfast delicacy made from ground corn. In this recipe I've swapped out the corn with cauliflower for a fun low carb and much healthier spin! This recipe is full of flavor- its perfect for both breakfast or dinner alike !! Feel free to add cheese (dairy or nondairy) or heavy cream!
- 3 Cups "Riced" Cauliflower
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon Starch (Potato, Tapioca or Arrowroot)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Blend a small head of cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it has a rice like consistency.
- Over medium heat bring the "riced" cauliflower, almond flour, chicken broth, starch and butter to a boil in a medium saucepan until thick.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste