Grain Free Tiramisu Crepe Cake! (Gluten/Soy/Nut Free & Modified Paleo)
Light fluffy mascarpone between layer upon layer of coffee flavored crepes? Yes please! This cake builds so beautifully that you will almost not want to eat it… almost. Its not difficult to make, and will wow any crowd! And the flavor is exactly that of the favorite dessert.. If I had to choose one thing to eat every day for the rest of my life THIS would be it.
· 5 large eggs
· 1 TBSP oil or melted butter
· ¼ cup + 3 TBSP Coconut Flour (73 grams)
· 1/3 cup + 3 TBSP Tapioca Starch (57 grams)
· 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
· 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· 1/8 Tsp. Salt
· ¾ Cup + 2 TBSP Espresso
· 3 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy)
· 2 (8 oz) packaged of mascarpone cheese
· 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
· 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
· pinch of salt
· ½ cup of espresso
· ½ cup of maple syrup
1. For the crepes begin by mixing the eggs, oil, coconut flour, tapioca starch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, espresso and milk together in a stand mixer on medium speed until well combined.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, once hot drop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and immediately begin to rotate the pan in a circular motion to even distribute and thin out the crepe. Cook about 1 minute.
3. Flip the crepe and cook an additional minute or until its golden brown. Set aside on plate. Repeat steps 1-3 until you have utilized all of the batter.
4. For the Coffee Syrup mix together the espresso and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow to boil until it begins to thicken and comes to a thick syrup consistency.
5. For the mascarpone filling begin by mixing together the mascarpone, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until well combined.
6. Spoon the mascarpone filling into a disposable pastry bag or large ziplock bag and snip off ¼ inch of the end.
7. Start with a base layer crepe and with a pastry brush, coat the crepe with the coffee syrup.
8. Pipe a thick ring of the mascarpone filling onto the outer edge of the crepe, and fill in the remaining space with a thinner layer.
9. Sift a small amount of cocoa powder onto the mascarpone and cover with the next crepe. Repeat steps 7-9 until you have used all of the crepes and mascarpone filling, be sure to top the last remaining crepe.
10. Carefully place your fully constructed crepe cake into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
11. Remove cake from freezer, top with Coconut Whipped Topping and some more sifted cocoa powder.