Grain Free Ricotta Gnocchi! (Gluten/Nut/Seed Free)
Gnocchi has a very special place in my marriage. 11 years ago, I knew nothing about cooking..aside from throwing a lean cuisine into the microwave. I met the man of my dreams..and like most girls I was ready to do just about anything to impress him.
Gnocchi was the name of the game! For the first time in my life I got the drive to make something perfect.. and I attribute that gnocchi to creating my love or recipe development, as it was the first time I made a recipe several times in a row to get it right.
8 years low, our diet has changed many times to work with what I can and cannot eat.. now that I can have dairy again with no digestive distress I knew it was time to bring back the ricotta gnocchi.
- 2 Cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 1 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 3/4 Coconut Flour
- Combine all ingredients and mix well- until it creates a dough.
- Roll sections of dough into a long skinny rolls shaped like a snake in a tiny dusting of tapioca starch to prevent sticking.
- Cut the pasta into little squares about 1/2 an inch (or less) wide.
- Roll the pasta on a gnocchi board (optional)
- Bring water to a boil- and cook no more than a cup of gnocchi at a time. You will know the pasta is done once it floats in the boiling water for about 20 seconds. (Just like ravioli- it sinks when you put it in, and will flat when it starts to cook!)
- If you want to save some of the pasta for later , place it on a cookie sheet with a little space between each piece and place in freezer until fully frozen. I then like to take the gnocchi off the cookie sheet and store in a bag in the freezer. You can store them in the freezer for several months, and cook them the same way- buy bringing hot water to a boil and cooking until they float for roughly 20 seconds.