Boozy Blueberry and Peach Cobbler (Gluten/grain free and low carb!) Now with notes on how to make keto!
While I’m always a fan of the more complicated “fancy” recipes. Every so often I really enjoy just throwing something together that is simple and still exceptionally good. (Yes- I think this recipe is that good). Not to mention how pretty the blueberries make the dish.
Keeping with the grain free theme that I have going on right now- I selected almond flour to create this Gluten Free Boozy Blueberry and Peach Cobbler dessert. I also used an egg- which I know many of you are avoid. I’m avoiding all starches at the moment and therefore cannot provide you with an exact formula for the egg replacement.. BUT if you want to experiment I would suggest trying 1 TBS Flax Meal + 2 TBS Hot water (mixed into a paste). As the egg in this recipe functions as the binding agent.
Please not also that the 2TBS of Arrowroot is optional in this recipe. It gels the fruit together just slightly. I left it out- but included it in the recipe as I know some prefer their cobbler less liquidy. If you don’t have arrowroot- Cornstarch or Tapioca Flour will also do the job.
The “boozy” portion of this Gluten Free Boozy Blueberry and Peach Cobbler recipe is optional! AND the type of alcohol you select is completely up to you- I recommend Rum, Brandy, Amaretto or Grand Marnier. Also feel free to vary the fruit you use in the dish. You might try Blackberries and Peaches or a mixture of Berries. As the weather cools you might try Pears with Cranberries.
Note on how to make KETO:
- Swap out the peaches for berries and or apples. Strawberry rhubarb would be keto friendly too.
- Leave out the alcohol.
- Sub xylitol, erythritol or Swerve is for the sugar!
- Fruit Filling
- 4 Cups peeled and sliced Peaches
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Booze.
- 2 TBS Arrowroot (Optional)
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup Unrefined Granulated Sugar (or regular white sugar) Cobbler Topping
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder (I use double acting)
- 2 TBS Butter (Earth Balance ) or Coconut Oil.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Unrefined Sugar (or regular white)
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- 2. Toss prepared fruit, Booze, Arrowroot and Sugar together. Place in baking dish of your choice. (You can use any type of dish try a: pie dish or separating fruit into individual ramekins)
- 3. In a bowl combine the Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Salt Sugar and Cinnamon. Cut in the Butter (or just stir in melted coconut oil) Add the Egg and Vanilla Extract. Gently stir so that the dough comes together.
- 4. Plop spoonfulls of the dough onto the fruit. (the cobbler will spread as it bakes)
- 5. Place in oven and bake 20-25 minutes (until fruit is bubbly and cobbler is golden brown)
- 6. Serve warm. (Great served with dairy free Vanilla Ice Cream!)