Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Tis the season for ALLLLLL things pumpkin. I have some super creative unique pumpkin flavored recipes coming your way in the next few weeks..but I realized I was lacking a classic simple and perfect muffin recipe on the site. How did that happen??
So- here you go! I made this recipe for the nut free crowd- as I love you guys too! Try not to eat too many in one sitting!
· 5 large eggs
· 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
· 1/4 cup oil or melted butter (dairy or nondairy)
· 1/2 cup palm sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
· 1/2 cup coconut flour
· 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
· 1 Tablespoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/3 cup of chocolate chips (dairy or nondairy)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine everything but the chocolate chips. Once the batter is combined and there are no lumps, mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Fill the liners 3/4 of the way with batter and bake in the oven for 32-35 minutes until firm to the touch and lightly browned.