Pumpkin Gruyere & Walnut Flatbread! (Gluten/Grain/Egg/Dairy Free & Paleo)
Remember my flatbread recipe from Every Last Crumb? Well this is like that, only better because it has a delicious fall twist to it with... you guessed it... PUMPKIN! As you all know by now I am a big fan of fall flavors but just because its pumpkin does not mean it has to be sweet! This is pumpkin in a new savory application, that I know you guys will just love. This flatbread is great on its own straight from the oven or as a bun for a turkey sandwich, a burger or anything else you like between two slices of bread!
· 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (178g)
· 3/4 cup tapioca starch (112g)
· 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
· 1 tsp ground nutmeg
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 2 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (671g)
· 2 tbsp honey
· 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
· 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large stand mixer bowl combine all of the ingredients except the gruyere and walnuts, on medium high speed until a loose dough forms.
3. Using a spatula spread the dough into an even layer about 1/2-3/4 inch thick onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into preheated oven and bake for 16 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese and nuts and return to the oven for an additional 16-18 minutes or until top is slightly golden.
4. Use a pizza cutter to slice into squares and serve.