Grain Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodle Cookies!
Delicious Sugar Cookies stuffed with Cheesecake! What could be better!
· 3/4 cup coconut flour (85g)
· 3/4 cup tapioca starch (95g)
· 1 cup organic can sugar (182g)
· 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 1 cup palm shortening (178g)
· 6 tbsp pumpkin puree (84g)
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· natural orange food coloring (optional)
Filling (Optional- leave out of cookies for Dairy Free)
· 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
· 1 tbsp honey
· 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin puree
· 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
· 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
· 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl for a stand mixer combine all of the dry ingredients. Cut in the shortening with a fork or pastry cutter until fully incorporated and small balls form. Add to the bowl the remaining cookie ingredients and mix on medium speed until dough forms a large ball.
3. Roll dough to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness on a starch dusted sheet of parchment paper and cut out an equal number of pumpkin shaped cookies (I was able to get 16 large pumpkin cutouts to make 8 sandwhich cookies).
4. In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and whip until slightly fluffy.
5. Place 1/2 tbsp worth of filling into the center of 8 of the pumpkin cutouts, top each with another pumpkin cutout and carefully press the edges closed.
6. CAREFULLY transfer the sandwich cookies to the prepared baking sheet (I used a fish spatula). In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle liberally over each cookie.
7. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool COMPLETELY before removing from the baking sheet, or else they will fall apart!