Grain and Egg Free Pumpkin Soft Pretzels with Pecans and Salted Caramel!
· 1 cup packed Coconut Flour
· 1 cup Packed Potato Starch
· 1 cup Packed Tapioca Starch
· 1 tsp Salt
· 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
· 2 TBSP Potato Flour
· 1/2 cup Palm Sugar
· 1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
· 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
· 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
· 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP Spectrum Shortening
· 1 cup warm Water
· 3/4 cup Butter or Vegan Butter
· 1 1/4 cup Palm Sugar
· 1 TBSP Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream
· Pinch of Salt
· 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
· 1/4 cup Coarse Grain Cane Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl using a stand mixer combine all of the ingredients. Mix on low for the first minute until things begin to come together and then mix on medium for an additional minute. The dough will be done mixing when it begins to stick to the sides of the bowl and form a ball.
3. Using well oiled hands, divide dough into 6-8 equal sized balls. Roll each ball out to about 12 inches long. Criss-cross each of the dough "tubes" into the classic pretzel shape. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Brush each pretzel with oil and top with chopped pecans and sugar and place back into oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
5. While the pretzels are baking assemble the salted caramel.
6. Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and becomes sticky looking, stirring constantly. Remove from heat once thick.
7. When the pretzels are fully baked and cooled drizzle with the caramel. Allow the caramel to cool and set on the pretzels before serving.
If using vegan butter and coconut cream to make vegan salted caramel, you may need to use and additional 1-2 TBSP of the coconut cream to get the caramel to "come together".