Paleo Bourbon Pumpkin Pop Tarts!
· 1 Batch of my Paleo Copycat "Pillsbury" Pie Crust
· 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
· 1 1/2 TBSP Palm Sugar
· 1/8 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
· 1/8 tsp Vanilla
· Pinch of Salt
· 2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
· 1 tsp Bourbon (optional, see note)
· 1 tsp Vanilla
· 3 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the pie crust dough according to its directions. Place in the fridge.
3. In a small bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix well.
4. Remove dough from fridge and roll out to about 1/8 inch thick. Using a rectangle shaped cookie cutter, cut out 6 rectangles.
5. Place 3 of the rectangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon 1 TBSP of the pumpkin filling into the center of each of the rectangles. Place the remaining rectangles on top of the others. Pressing the edges together gently to create a "seal".
6. Place in the oven and bake for 23 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
7. Combine all of the icing ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle as much as desired over the cooled pop tarts.
If you choose to omit the Bourbon, replace it with an additional 1 tsp of Vanilla.