Sugar & Egg Free Pumpkin Pie! (Grain/Dairy Free)
For many years I was unable to eat eggs, so I had to skip the pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving. Since getting my autoimmune disease under control Ive been able to add eggs back but I wont ever that feeling of being deprived and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. So this year I’m posting a wide assortment of Egg Free pies! All are gluten and grain free as well..most with Dairy Free and Sugar free options too!
Before you begin you’ll need to select your pie crust! You can pick one up at the store..use another recipes or make one of mine.
First select your pie crust - I have 4 that are crazy good (In different posts)
Gluten Free Patee Brisee. Flaky, Easy to work with Pie Crust. (Dairy/Corn/Soy Free).
I do not have a keto pie crust recipe yet (though I will when I have a moment to test out a bunch of ideas!) But I did want to pass along someone else’s recipe that I have tried and thought turned out pretty nice! All day I dream about food has a press in keto pie crust that i’ve made twice and was happy with!
Prepared Pie Crust, in a standard pie plate or tin
· 1-29oz Can of Pumpkin Puree (3 1/4 cup)
· 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream
· 2 TBSP Butter or Earth Balance, room temperature
· 5 TBSP Tapioca Starch
· 1 1/2 TBSP Vanilla
· 3 tsp Cinnamon
· 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
· 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
· 1/2 tsp Cloves
· 3/4 tsp Salt
· 7 Packets of Stevia (7g)
· 1/2 tsp Orange Extract (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the pie crust of your choice according to its instructions, set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, in a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients on medium speed until they are well incorporated.
4. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the filling to the edge of the crust and smooth over the top.
5. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of bake time, place a crust guard or cover the crust with foil to prevent burning.