Keto Curried Pumpkin Bisque! (Dairy Free/Low Carb/Gluten Free)
This soup is SUPER easy and so comforting!
To take it to the next level try roasting the veggies first and adding 2 medium onions. ( In other words roast the pumpkin, onions and cauliflower) I roast mine at 425 for 30-45 minutes. Just be sure to put the cauliflower on its own tray as it cooks a lot faster. I made it this way the other day and is was really good!
Something pre-cut sugar pumpkin can be hard to come by. Im lazy and wont ever buy a whole pumpkin to cut up myself. ha! Feel free to swap it out for butternut squash OR use canned pumpkin instead! Recipe Serves 8
· 2 Cups Chopped Cauliflower (about 1 SMALL head)
· 3 lbs. Diced Sugar Pumpkin
· 1 Box (4 cups) Chicken or Turkey Broth/Stock
· 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Coconut Cream
· 4 tsp. Curry
· 3 ½ tsp. Salt
· 2 tsp. Pepper
· 2 tsp. Garlic
· 1 tsp. Turmeric
· 1 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Bring a large stockpot of water to a rolling boil then add the cauliflower and sugar pumpkin. Allow to cook at a boil for 13 minutes and drain. Return cauliflower and pumpkin to the stock pot.
2. To the stock pot add the broth, heavy cream and spices. Using an immersion blender begin to puree the ingredients together. Blend together until smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Heat the bisque over medium-high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes or until hot.
Note: The soup tastes great with croutons on top- but leave them off is you’re trying to stick to a keto diet!