3 Minute Homemade Dairy Free Ricotta Cheese.
Ricotta is my absolute favorite cheese. I blame it on my italalian bloodlines.
I forunately tolerate regular dairy just fine- but I know thats not the case for many. While you may be skeptical of this macadamia nut version ..trust me you’ll be in shock how real deal it tastes cooked in pasta dishes . I was able to completley trick my husband into thinking it was real cheese. He couldn’t tell the difference.
· 1 ½ cups of raw unsalted macadamia nuts
· 1 Tbsp + ½ Tsp. Lemon Juice
· 2 Tbsp Water
· 3 Tbsp of Coconut Cream (The thick cream skimmed off the top of a chilled can of coconut milk)
· 1/8 Tsp. Salt
1. Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process until almost completely smooth. Add any spices of choice. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
2. *Note: If you are allergic to coconut you can swap the cream out for water. Your ricotta will be slightly less creamy but still delicious.
To make a Ricotta Filling for Lasagna or Ravioli add the following spices to 1 1/2 cups of the macadamia but ricotta:
1 ½ cups Macadamia Nut Ricotta 1/8 Tsp Salt ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper 2 Tsp. Dried Basil ¼ Tsp. Garlic Powder