Pumpkin Waldorf Chicken Salad! (grain, gluten, soy free)
I do not really need to explain to you all how delicious a waldorf chicken salad is, we know it, we love it. I do however need to introduce you and your chicken salad to pumpkin, because tis the season after all! I figured that the warm spicy flavors of curry taste phenomenal in chicken salad, so why not the warm spiciness of nutmeg as well as nutmegs favorite companion, pumpkin? Stir in other seasonal flavors like pecans, apples and grapes and you have yourself a salad worthy of any fall picnic basket!
· 2 cups shredded chicken
· 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
· 2 tbsp mayo, regular, vegan or homemade from Every Last Crumb
· 3/4 tsp nutmeg
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp dried parsley
· 1/4 tsp black pepper
· 1/8 tsp onion powder
· 1/8 tsp garlic powder
· 1/3 cup grapes, split in half
· 1/3 cup apples, diced
· 2 tbsp dried cranberries
· 2 tbsp pecans
1. In a large bowl combine the chicken, pumpkin, mayo and spices until well combined.
2. Add to the bowl the remaining ingredients and gently fold in to combine.
3. Scoop from bowl and place on top of greens of choice. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.