Harvest Chopped Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing! (Paleo & Vegan) With Keto Directions.
Nothing is better for lunch on a late summer/early fall day than a nice hearty fall salad. Perhaps with a glass of wine as well? Regardless what you have with this salad with you cannot go wrong. If it’s a lighter dinner option you're looking for you can always top it with some grilled chicken or salmon. Dairy free? Leave out the cheese curds! Can't have nuts? Just 86 the walnuts. This recipe is so versatile it’s sure to please anyone and everyone who tries it!
· 6 cups mixed greens
· 3 cups roasted squash or pumpkin, diced
· 1/2 cup toasted pecans
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup cheese curds (optional)
· 1 thinly sliced pear
· 1 cup avocado oil
· 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
· 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
· 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
· 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1 tsp black pepper
1. Place into a large bowl all of the salad ingredients. You can toss them all together or in separate groups like pictured in the photo.
2. To make the dressing place all of the dressing ingredients into a small blender and pulse until well combined.
3. Serve the dressing along side the prepared salad or pour over and toss all together.
To make this salad vegan just leave out the cheese curds :)
If you want to make this salad keto, leave out the cranberries. Apples could be subbed for pears if you are concerned about the sugar in pears.
For the dressing you can either swap out the maple syrup for a sugar free syrup OR make it this way:
1 cup avocado oil
1 tbsp Maple flavored extract
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
16 packets of stevia OR liquid stevia to taste.
3/4 cup of water
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum (to thicken)