Grain Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bagels!
Yield: 12 Mini Bagels
· 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
· 2/3 cup packed Coconut Flour
· 2/3 cup packed Potato Starch
· 2 TBSP Potato Flour
· 1 TBSP + 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
· 1 TBSP Baking Powder
· 1/3 cup Palm Sugar
· 2 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
· 5 TBSP Shortening
· 3 large Eggs
· 1 TBSP Vinegar
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· 1 1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
· 1 Egg
· 1 TBSP Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the Pumpkin, Coconut Flour, Potato Starch. Potato Flour, Xanthan Gum, baking powder, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Once fully mixed add the shortening, eggs, cider vinegar and salt. Mix on high for a few minutes allowing for a dough that holds together but is slightly tacky! Stir in the chocolate chips and mix for an additional minute.
4. Oil your hands and using 1/4 cup of the dough form into about one dozen mini balls. Roll in between your hands, and use a well oiled thumb to create the center. Make the center large. When the dough rises in the oven, the hole will close in quite a bit!
5. Place the shaped bagels on a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
6. Paint a little egg wash over each. Halfway through the baking time you will want to brush with a little extra egg wash!
7. Place the cookie sheet into the hot oven! Bake for 50-55 minutes unit beautifully golden and firm to touch!