Grain Free Apple Cider Donuts!
· 1/2 Cup Packed Coconut Flour (87g)
· 1/2 Cup Packed Potato Starch (98g)
· 1/4 Cup Tapioca Starch (36g)
· 1 Cup + 2 TBSP Powdered Sugar (188g)
· 1 tsp Xanthan
· 2 tsp Baking Powder
· 2 tsp Potato Flour
· 1/2 tsp Salt
· 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
· 3 Large Eggs
· 1/4 Cup Apple Cider
· 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
· 2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Heat several inches of shortening or mild tasting oil to 250-275 degrees in a saucepan.
2. In a small bowl combine the palm sugar and cinnamon, mix and set aside.
3. Combine all of the donut ingredients in a large bowl and mix on medium speed with a stand mixer until well combined.
4. On a large sheet of parchment paper LIBERALLY dusted with tapioca starch roll out the dough to a 1/2-3/4 inch round.
5. Cut out the donuts with a donut or biscuit cutter, this too should be liberally dusted with tapioca starch to prevent sticking. If using a biscuit cutter be sure to cut a 1/2 inch wide hole from the center to create the donut look.
6. Place the donuts, one at a time, in the pan of hot oil. Allow each side to cook for about 2 minutes each until golden brown.
7. Remove cooked donuts from the pan with a metal slotted spoon or strainer and immediately roll in the the palm sugar and cinnamon mixture.
8. Place on paper towel to drain and cool.