Grain Free Boston Cream Donuts! (Gluten/Dairy Free)
A-STINKING-MAZING!! Boston Cream Donuts are probably one of my favorite flavors of donuts. I've been completely and utterly devastated to not be able to eat them in ages because of my intolerances. But here we have it folks, magic! Magic in the form of recipe development that is!
Take a bite of these donuts and custard will squeeze out; suddenly you will be transported to a place of chocolate fairies and desserts that make you thin. Okay, so i'm being kind of dramatic but seriously...YUM!
...if only there was a world were desserts made you thin...Lets all live there together?
To make these donuts use my Grain Free Jelly Donut Recipe as donut your recipe (the last Club Angell Exclusive recipe posted the next recipe down!) Then use this custard recipe for the filling.
· 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Coconut Milk from a Can OR Heavy Cream
· 2 Eggs
· 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (I used Organic Cane)
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· 3 TBSP Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch
· Chocolate Chips (dairy or nondairy) melted in the microwave or in a double boiler to dip the donuts in.
1. Pour milk into a saucepan over low heat.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and tapioca.
3. Pour warmed milk into mixing bowl; whisking constantly.
4. Pour mixture back into saucepan over low heat, and whisk until thickened.
5. Either use an immersion blender or remove form heat and whip custard to make it creamy; Set aside.
6. Instead of filling donuts with jelly squeeze in the custard.
7. Dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate.
Be sure to let the donuts cool fully before piping in the custard!
This custard makes enough for 2 batches of my grain free donut recipe!
To make these donuts use my Grain Free Jelly Donut Recipe as donut your recipe