Paleo Fudge Rounds! (Gluten/Grain/Dairy/Egg Free)
My little debbie / hostess copycat recipe collection is growing faster than I could have imagined. I'm having a blast cranking them out for you, especially this Paleo Fudge Rounds recipe! I hope you are enjoying them as much as we are.
These delicious Paleo Fudge Rounds are extra fudgey cookies are made with Almond Flour! I managed to leave out Eggs, Grain, Gluten & Dairy too!
· 35g Melted Butter or Mild flavored Oil (3 TBSP) (dairy or nondairy)
· 300g Palm Sugar (1 3/4 Cup)
· 40g Honey (2 TBSP)
· 92g Milk (7 TBSP) (dairy or nondairy)
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 1/2 tsp Salt
· 137g Potato Starch (3/4 Cup)
· 190g Almond Flour (2 Cups)
· 90g Cocoa Powder (1 Cup)
· 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, mix together melted butter, sugar, honey, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Once mixed through, add the salt, tapioca, and almond flour. Make sure to mix until it becomes a wet dough; it takes some time for almond flour to release it's moisture.
4. Place a sheet of parchment paper on two baking sheets.
5. Oil your hands, as this dough is sticky to work with. Taking 2 TBSP's at a time shape dough into balls and flatten.
6. Place on baking sheet, and cook for 20 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting for inside of cookies
· 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
· 1 tsp Vanilla
· 1 TBSP Milk
· 1/4 Cup Butter
· 1/4 Cup Shortening
· 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1. Mix all ingredients together in a stand mixer or hand mixer until fluffy!
Frosting for tops
· 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
· 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 2 TBSP Milk
· 2 TBSP Butter
· 2 TBSP Shortening
· 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1. In a stand mixer, beat all ingredients on medium until well combined.