Gluten Free Nutter Butters (Gluten/Grain/Dairy/Egg Free)
These cookies are probably my favorite junk food!! (Ok so maybe these and cheese balls! 😂) It was really fun to remake the recipe.
You don’t HAVE to make them in the shape I did to copy the recipe., they will taste and look great in any form!
I believe back when I made the recipe I actually ordered a peanut shaped cookie cutter online. But again.. not necessary! :)
Yield: 20 cookies, 10 Sandwiches
· 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP Almond Flour
· 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP Powdered PB
· 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
· 1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
· 1/8 tsp Salt
· 4 tsp Applesauce (unsweetened)
· 4 tsp Peanut Butter (unsalted)
· 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Peanut Butter Filling
· 1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP Peanut Butter (unsalted)
· 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
· pinch of salt
· 1 tsp water **SEE NOTE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place parchment paper on a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a stand mixer combine the almond flour, powdered PB, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. Once well combined add the apple sauce, peanut butter, and vanilla.
4. Roll out dough to be 1/8th inch thick and using a peanut shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
5. Place on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12-16 minutes, when cookies come out of the oven they should be ever so slightly soft, they will crisp up as they cool.
7. While the cookies are cooling, prepare the peanut butter filling.
8. Whip together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt.
9. Adding 1 tsp of water at a time, mix in until the filling is spreadable.
Notes The amount of water you will need may vary. Add water 1 tsp at a time until the peanut butter filling is a spreadable consistency. I used 10 tsp