Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze (Gluten/Grain/Dairy Free)
This is actually a coffee cake, with the most superb crust imaginable (thanks to our friend, potato starch). Its golden and the perfect thickness. Underneath the crust is a fluffy cake with a subtle lemon flavor, not overpowering at all! Its similar to those delicious fried donuts with glaze. I think they are called fried cakes, or maybe sour cream donuts?
I wouldn't recommend making this with palm sugar, it dries the cake out. Just stick with organic cane sugar or xylitol. If you don't have any powdered xylitol on hand for the glaze, its easy to make your own. Just add granulated xylitol to a high powered blender. Let settle before removing the lid or the powder will fly everywhere. Also, if you have a kitchen scale, use the gram measurements for accuracy and ease.
And be sure to oil and dust with starch the bundt pan before adding the batter, otherwise you may have issues getting the cake out (all depending on how old your pan is and if its nonstick too) But always oil and dust with starch to prevent any issues. AND allow the cake to cool before removing it from the pan!
· 3 cups blanched almond flour (432g)
· 1 cup + 3 tbsp potato starch (198g) (plus extra for prepping the pan)
· 1 cup + 2 tbsp organic cane sugar or xylitol (180g)
· 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (112g)
· 3 large eggs
· 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
· 1/3 cup + 1/2 tbsp dairy or nondairy milk or water (82g)
· 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
· Zest of 2 lemons
· 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
· Oil for prepping the pan
· 3 cups powdered organic cane sugar or powdered xylitol
· 4 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350. Oil and flour (with starch) a bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients, EXCEPT the blueberries. Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl until well combined.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries just until they are in the batter. Do not mix, or the batter will turn purple.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
6. While its cooking, make your glaze by simply mixing the sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.
7. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the bundt pan and drizzling with the lemon glaze.