Worlds Best Caramel Coffee Cake (Gluten/Grain/Dairy Free)
This Coffee Cake is EPIC! Not only does it not taste grain/gluten free..but I would put it up against the very best coffee cakes out there and it would shine. The texture is perfection..soft, moist and fluffy! This is a great recipe to bring to any holiday gathering..doesn’t matter what crowd its shared with ..itll be gone before you know it!
· 1/2 Cup blanched Almond Flour
· 3 TBS Starch
· 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar or Palm Sugar
· 3 1/2 TBSP Butter, Melted (dairy or nondairy)
· 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Coffee Flavored Caramel (optional)
· 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or nondairy)
· 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
· 1 TBSP Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Milk
· Pinch of Salt
· 1 TBSP Ground Coffee (optional)
· 2 Cups Packed Blanched Almond Flour
· 3/4 Cup Potato Starch
· 3/4 Cup Organic Cane Sugar (or xylitol, truvia baking blend etc)
· 1 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
· 2 Large Eggs
· 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· 1/4 cup Milk (dairy or nondairy) or Water
· 1 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare crumb topping in a bowl, by mixing almond flour, starch, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon together. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan put in Coffee Flavored Caramel ingredients (butter, palm sugar, heavy cream, a pinch of salt and ground coffee). Remember the caramel is OPTIONAL in this recipe! Heat up until caramel boils and then lower heat to low
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the dry ingredients for the coffee cake once mixd through add in the melted coconut oil, eggs, Vanilla Extract, Milk and Lemon Juice.
5. Line a 7 x 7 (or 8 x 9) baking pan with parchment paper and add half the coffee cake batter. Pour in half of the caramel than layer with remaining batter, and pat down with a spatula. If the spatula sticks to the batter spray it with non-stick spray or dip in oil.
6. Drizzle with remaining caramel.
7. Top with crump topping.
8. Place in oven for 50 minutes.
To make Paleo: Use coconut palm sugar in place of sugars used in this recipe!