DAIRY FREE Fluffy Keto Pancakes or Waffles! (Coconut/Grain/Sugar/Gluten Free)
In my recipe testing trials I have found that eggs and just almond flour really aren't my favorite combo. They can get kind of a weird texture that isn't fluffy…its just an odd chewy texture that isn't my cup of tea! So I was hesitant to bother trying to come up with a Dairy Free recipes (I posted delicious keto pancakes the other day using Cream Cheese, Coconut flour and Eggs -You can get that recipe HERE).
Until I figured out a magical trick. If you whip together eggs and a higher quantity of oil (than you would normally use in pancakes) together in a blender it creates FLUFF and a soft light texture that you normally wouldn't get with just eggs and almond flour combined! So that little trick is what makes these pancakes billowy and pretty darn awesome. The batter can be made as pancakes and waffles - but keep in mind they will be soft and fluffy. There is no crispiness. I don't think crispy is possible without the use of starch. If you don't need to eat keto- and can have some carbs I honestly do recommend my famous Extra Crispy Waffle recipes. I like them better. BUT for keto/low carb/ sugar free/ trying to lose weight or get some health issues under control- these pancakes or waffles are a great option!
Please note- this is a pretty small batch - its enough for 1-2 people. If you are planning to make waffles I would double the recipe so that you have enough for a few large waffles!
· 3 Large Eggs
· 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Oil (avocado oil, grape seed oil or Melted butter that isn't hot)
· 3/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp of Blanched Almond Flour
· 2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
· 3 Tbsp of Xylitol or Erythritol
· 1/4 Tsp of Salt
· 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 Tsp Xanthan or Guar Gum
1. To a blender add the eggs, blend on high for about 20 seconds until the eggs are frothy. Then add the oil and blend another 20 seconds.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth!
3. Cook in a greased waffle iron, or oiled nonstick skillet over medium heat!