Dairy & Egg Free Coconut Cream Pie! (Gluten/Grain Free)
When it comes to pie I always reach for the cream pies.. especially coconut cream! Even as the giant pumpkin lover that I am..cream pie always wins!
This egg free version is delicious and can be made sugar free too., Just swap out the honey for stevia to taste. (I did have the exact amount written down but can’t find those notes 😩..) but I DID try it with success.
For this recipe you will need 1 Prepared Holiday Pie Crust of choice. These are my most popular pie crust recipes:
· 1 16oz Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk (2 Cups)
· 3 tsp Gelatin
· 1/4 Cup Hot Water
· 4 TBSP Honey
· 2 TBSP Vanilla
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· 3/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
· Shredded Coconut for Garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the crust according to its directions. Bake in a standard size pie plate for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk until warm, about 3 minutes.
3. In a large bowl dissolve the gelatin in the hot water, whisk until dissolved.
4. Pour the warm coconut milk into the dissolved gelatin mixture and whisk together. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
5. Pour the pie filling into the prepared pie crust and place on a level surface in the fridge and allow to chill overnight.
6. Top with additional coconut flakes once set if desired.