Rice Flour Sugar Cookies! (Gluten/ Dairy/ Soy/ Nut/ Coconut/ Egg Free & Vegan)
Most of my baking recipes are developed in order to always be gluten free but also grain free for the large amount of paleo followers. However, I know that not all of you are paleo, or need/want to stay away from all grains. I also realize that there are many of you that can not tolerate nuts OR coconut, so a grain based flour is really your only choice. So in response to that I have developed a brand new sugar cut out cookie recipe that uses rice and sorghum flours and cuts out nuts, coconut, dairy and eggs! These cookies are so delicious no one would ever realize they are eating an allergen free cookie, they just taste like traditional sugar cookies!
· 1 1/4 Cup Sorghum or Superfine Rice Flour (210g)
· 1 1/4 Cup Superfine Sweet Rice Flour (148g)
· 3/4 Cup Tapioca Starch (86g)
· 1 1/2 Cups Organic Cane Sugar (310g)
· 2/3 Cup Spectrum Shortening (114g)
· 3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
· 1 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/8 tsp Salt
· 1 TBSP Vanilla
· 1/4 Cup Milk, dairy or non-dairy
· 1/2 Cup Applesauce (122g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl for a stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients well until a large ball of dough forms, about 2 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough onto a lightly starched sheet of parchment paper to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Using the cookie cutter of your choice, cut out the shapes and place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
4. Place in oven, one sheet at a time and bake for 12-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown slightly.
PS. If you don’t like using regular food coloring check out my Ultimate Guide to Making Vibrant Natural Dye Free Food Coloring & Frosting! The photo below pictures all of the colors that you can make using my recipe! :)