Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (Gluten/Grain/Egg Free with Keto Option)
This has always been my favorite christmas cookie- so making them grain/egg free was one of my first priorities a few years ago. I updated the recipe this week-and love these even more.
If you want to make these cookies keto you’ll need to swap out chocolate kisses for chocolate chunks. Use a bar of Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate and cut into chunks- press chunks into cookies! Use brown sugar swerve for the cookies.
· 1 cup blanched almond flour
· 1 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar swerve
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 cup + 5 TBSP peanut butter or almond butter
· 2 tbsp butter or palm shortening
· 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 12 store bought chocolate kisses or homemade dairy free kisses.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until it forms a dough.
3. Roll out about 1 tbsp worth of dough between your hands and put a thump print in the dough.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes and as soon as you remove from the oven place the chocolate kisses in each cookie.
5. If using my dairy free- hershey kiss recipe, let the cookies cool just a tiny bit before adding the kisses. If using store bought chocolate kisses then go ahead and place the kisses in right away.
6. Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the cookie tray. yields 18 cookies.