Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies! (Gluten/Grain/Nut Free)
The cranberries in these cute lil' cut-outs add a bit of tang to the classic cut-out cookie. Keep in mind that this dough is very sticky and requires time to freeze so you can handle it enough to form perfect little circles. Plan ahead! Its worth it though-these cookies are DIVINE!
They are nut free- thanks to Otto's Cassava flour!
· 1 cup cassava flour (122 g)
· 1 cup tapioca flour (132 g)
· 1/2 cup organic cane sugar, granulated honey, or granulated maple (80 g)
· 1 cup refrigerated and chilled butter (2 sticks)
· 2 large eggs
· Zest of 1 orange
· 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Add all ingredients (except the dried cranberries) to a food processor until a wet dough forms.
2. Stir in the cranberries by hand.
3. Chill dough in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Divide the dough in half and roll each half into a log the size of a commercial cut-out cookie roll using plastic wrap to help you form the logs. Wrap both logs in plastic and freeze for 1 hour or until completely frozen.
5. Heat oven to 350 F.
6. Use a sharp knife to cut 1/2" to 1" thick cookies.
7. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.