Peppermint Crinkle Cookies. (Gluten/Grain/Egg/Dairy Free with Keto Directions)
These tasty cookies are REALLY easy to make. They have the perfect soft baked cookie texture and can be made KETO friendly if you use xylitol or swerve (granulated) for the sugar in the cookies and powdered xylitol for the sugar coating.
They are low carb, and have the perfect amount of peppermint flavor!
If low carb/sugar free isn’t on your radar..go ahead and use organic cane sugar! Whatever floats your boat! :)
· 2 Packed Cups of Blanched Almond Flour
· 1/2 Cups Organic Cane Sugar (Granulated Honey or Xylitol)
· 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
· 3 TBSP Room Temp Butter (dairy or nondairy)
· 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· 2 1/2 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy-any variety)
· 4 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder or a mix of Green and Yellow Food Coloring-just a few drops!
· Powdered Sugar or Powdered Honey or Powdered Xylitol or Powdered Swerve.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
3. Add in the butter, vanilla extract, milk, and matcha powder or food coloring.
4. Form dough into small balls and roll liberally in powdered sugar.
5. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and press down to flatten and get the crinckle edges.
6. Bake for 12 minutes.