Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. (Gluten/Grain/Egg/Dairy Free)
These minty cookies are a refreshing twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie and brighten up your cookie tray. Not to mention they're delicious! These guys are low carb- they don't require any starch! You can make them sugar free as well if you opt for xylitol and use some dark chocolate/low sugar cut into chunks (Lilys stevia sweetened chocolate chips and bars for example would be a good option). We colored these cookies with matcha just for fun- which is completely optional! You could use a tiny bit of green food coloring as well!
You will notice I offered a varied of sugar options to make the cookies. They don’t have to be Keto if thats not your cup of tea. Organic Cane sugar and regular chocolate chips will take them to another level (because lets be honest..nothing beats real sugar!) BUT if watching your blood sugar levels and or keeping carbs low is the goal..you wont be disappointed using the sugar substitutes!
Yield: 16 cookies
· 2 Packed Cups of Blanched Almond Flour
· 1/2 Cups Organic Cane Sugar (Granulated Honey or Xylitol Or Swerve Granulated Sugar)
· 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
· 3 TBSP Room Temp Butter (dairy or nondairy)
· 1 tsp Mint Extract
· 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· 2 1/2 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy-any variety)
· 4 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
· 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (dairy or nondairy)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
3. Add in the butter, mint extract, vanilla extract, milk, matcha powder and chocolate chips.
4. On a parchment lined baking sheet form cookies with your hands into round patties.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
To make these cookies sugar free, chop up a bar of unsweetened dark chocolate instead of using chocolate chips. To make these cookies vegan, use dairy-free chocolate chips.