Gluten/Grain Free Loft House Style Cookies!
These cookies are INCREDIBLE!! Fluffy, Soft, and heavenly and made with Coconut Flour. It literally took me 9 recipe trials to get them extra perfect. The frosting recipe is dairy free too! Best of all these darlings are easy to make, and can be cut into any shape that you want.Yield: 2 trays of cookies!
These cookies were BY FAR one of the most popular recipes I have ever posted! THEY are LEGIT. I highly recommend adding them to your holiday traditions! <3
· 3/4 Packed Cups of Coconut Flour
· 3/4 Cups Tapioca Starch
· 1 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
· 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
· 1/4 Tsp. Salt
· 1 Cup Shortening
· 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
· 3 TBSP of Applesauce
· 1 Large Egg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients ( Coconut flour, Starch, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt).
3. Add the shortening, and using your hands or a pastry cutter- mix the shortening in as much as possible.
4. Add Vanilla Extract, Egg, and Applesauce. Use your hands to mix until it forms a dough.
5. Dust a little starch on a sheet of parchment paper- and roll the dough out (I like to roll out between two sheets of parchment).
6. Cut dough into shapes of choice and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool 100% before touching them or they WILL crumble into a million pieces.
Fluffy Buttercream Frosting
· 2 cups of powdered Sugar OR Powdered Swerve
· 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
· 1 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy- any variety)
· 1/4 cup of Butter (dairy OR nondairy- any variety)
· 1/4 cup of Shortening
1. Mix all ingredients together using a hand mixer to form a thick frosting. Use food coloring if desired. (I used India Tree Food Coloring mixed with a tiny bit of gel food coloring-which is not natural) I did this just to brighten the cookies up for pictures- but the India tree colors will still look beautiful, if you want to keep things 100% natural.
Depending how thick you like to put on your frosting you may want to double this recipe. As it- will provide a thin coat for each cookie.