Egg Free Snickerdoodle Cookies! (Grain/ Gluten/ Egg/ Dairy/ Soy/ Nut Free Modified Paleo & Vegan)
Snickerdoodle cookies are a classic that pretty much everyone loves. What's not to love about sugar cookies rolled in more sugar and cinnamon? This new recipe is everything you love about snickerdoodles and more... or I guess less would be more accurate! This recipe leaves out all of the grain, gluten, refined sugar, dairy and even eggs! Not to mention they are drop style cookies so they are super simple to make! You could easily double or triple this recipe and make them ahead and freeze them for an upcoming cookie exchange, gifts for neighbors or postal carriers, teachers or even cookies for Santa!
· 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
· 3/4 Cup Tapioca Starch
· 1 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
· 2 tsp Baking Powder
· 1/4 tsp Salt
· 1 Cup Spectrum Shortening
· 1 TBSP Vanilla
· 1 tsp Cinnamon
· 5 TBSP Unsweetened Applesauce
· 1/4 Cup Organic Cane or Palm Sugar
· 1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large stand mixer bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed. Cut in the shortening starting on low speed and increasing to medium speed for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and applesauce and mix on medium high speed for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Roll dough into 2 inch balls, about 2 heaping tablespoons worth, and roll into the cinnamon sugar topping mixture and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand until about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool COMPLETELY before removing from the cookie sheet or they will crumble into a million pieces!