Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! (gluten,grain,egg free with Dairy Free and Keto Directions)
During this VERY busy time of year some of you might be thinking to yourselves, "ugh I just don't have the time to make cookies this year!", which I can completely commiserate with! If it weren't for the fact that cooking and baking were actually the main part of my job, I don't think I would get much Holiday baking done either.
However! These classic chocolate crinkle cookies come together in a flash and are far more low maintenance than frosted sugar cookie cutouts or something like that. Just throw all of your ingredients in your kitchen aid mixer bowl, mix them up, roll them into balls, flatten and pop them in the oven for 12 minutes. That's it! Now who doesn't have at least a half hour to make these treats happen?
Ps. anytime xylitol is called for..swerve can be used as well!
Yield: 16 cookies
· 2 cups blanched almond flour (288g)
· 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated organic cane sugar, coconut palm sugar or granulated xylitol (140g)
· 1/3 cup cocoa powder (40g)
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 4 1/2 tbsp room temperature butter, shortening or coconut oil (63g)
· 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
· 1 tbsp vanilla extract
· 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar or powdered xylitol, for crinkle coating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl for a stand mixer mix together all of the ingredients except the powdered sugar, on medium to medium-high speed until well combined and a large ball of dough forms.
3. Scoop the prepared dough, about 2 tbsp worth or with a small cookie scoop, roll between hands to form a ball, roll to coat well in the powdered sugar and place on cookie sheet. Using the pads of your fingers carefully flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat process with remaining dough.
4. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.