Dairy Free Mock Parmesan Cheese (Gluten/Grain/Egg Free)
Finally! A dairy-free parmesan you can grate! Though it doesn't taste exactly like parmesan, it tastes GOOD. And you can use it just like parmesan. Just make sure to keep this 'lil block cold or it will crumble and not grate properly. This "Cheese" is really quick to throw together.
· 1 1/2 cups raw, unsoaked cashews
· 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
· 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
· 2 tbsp chickpea miso
· 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp onion powder
· 1/4 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until it become a dry paste.
2. Transfer to a small springform pan or container/mold lined with overflowing parchment paper (so you can lift the cheese out of the mold when it is finished).
3. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours until hard. Keep cold.