Paleo and Grain Free Corn Dogs!
A fun summer (or anytime of the year) treat! Much easier to make than you might expect. I don’t own a deep fryer..I just used a small pot instead!
You could also use this recipe to make little mini corn dogs too! Just dunk mini hot dogs into the batter and then fry!
Yield: 8 Corn Dogs
· 1-12 oz Package of Hot Dogs (any variety)
· Oil for Deep Frying. (to keep these guys healthy I recommend Coconut oil or Grapeseed!)
· 1 Packed cup of Blanched Almond Flour
· 1/2 Cup Tapioca Starch
· 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
· 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
· 2 TBS of granulated Sugar (any variety!)
· 1/4 Tsp. Salt
· 3 Large Eggs
· 1/4 cup of mild flavored oil or melted butter (dairy or nondairy)
· 1 tsp. Lemon Juice (or Vinegar)
· 1 tsp Garlic Powder
· 1/4 tsp Tumeric (OPTIONAL)
1. Heat a pot bring about 2 inches of oil over medium heat while preparing the batter in a pot wide enough for the corn dogs to fry sideways.
2. Mix together all batter ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour batter into a tall glass.
4. Working with one hot dog at a time. Whipe off excess liquid from the hot dog with a paper towel, pierce with a stick and stick in the batter. Let extra batter drip off the hot dog! (But be sure to keep on as much as possible!)
5. Place the corn dog in oil to fry. Cook until golden brown on all sides.
6. Place on a paper towel to cool briefly and serve warm with your favorite condiments.
I have not yet tried to freeze these! I suspect it should work ok. My husband ate them a few hours after we made them, and heated them up briefly in the microwave and said they tasted great that way!