Jalapeño Cilantro Gluten Free/Vegan Homemade Pasta
I made these noodles to work with the Kitchenaid Pasta Press- and I love the rigatoni setting best. In order for the pasta press to work properly the dough needs to be almost like a dry play dough that just holds together. So I do recommend following the gram measurements in the recipe and following it EXACTLY.
If you don't own a pasta press- that is ok too. But you will need to add more water to the dough so that it becomes more flexible/sturdy. Add a tsp of water at a time until you make a dough that is stretchy enough to go through a classic hand crank pasta maker (which is a much cheaper option) OR you can also just roll out the dough by hand between two sheets of parchment.
Also feel free to turn this dough into ravioli! Hope you have as much fun as we did! Believe or not making the dough is fast and super fun and the flavor of the pasta will blow your mind!
· ¾ cup tapioca flour (99 g)
· ¾ cup superfine rice flour (120 g)
· ¾ tsp xanthan gum
· 2 tbsp olive, avocado, or grapeseed oil (23 g)
· ½ tsp sea salt
· 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
· 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
· 4 ½ tbsp water
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor until blended.
2. Form a dough with your hands and send through the pasta maker.
3. If you're cooking the pasta right away when its still fresh and soft, boil for one minute.
4. If pasta is left out to dry for 24-48 hours, boil for 5-6 minutes.
5. Once completely dried, store in freezer because it contains fresh ingredients that will spoil.