Gluten/Dairy Free Funfetti Cake Batter Ice cream. (Egg Free/Vegan)
Cake batter ice cream is ALLLLL the rage, and for good reason! Its SO delicious. So naturally I had to go ahead and create a gluten free version for you guys! I attempted grain free- but I just wasn't pleased with the way it was turning out. Rice flour mimics the flavor and texture exactly the way I was hoping so.. here you have it!
I have had a couple of requests for a vegan option (in other words no honey/gelatin) so for this recipe I used xanthan and it worked like a charm!
· 3 cups of raw cashews (or cashew flour)
· 3 cups of milk (Cashew, almond, regular milk or coconut)
· 3/4 cup of honey, maple syrup or agave
· 1 TBSP of vanilla extract
· 1/4 tsp of salt
· 3/4 cup of SUPERFINE white rice flour
· 1 1/4 tsp. of baking powder
· 2 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
· 1/4 + 1/8 tsp of xanthan or guar gum
1. If you don't have a professional blender (such as a blendtec or vitamix) place the cashews in a bowl with water for 3 hours. If you do have a professional blender you can skip this step. (If soaking after the 3 hours strain the water out.
2. Pour the cashews into a blender. Add the milk and honey and process on high until the mixture is completely smooth. Then add the remaining ingredients and process again till smooth.
3. Place in the fridge to chill for a few hours and then process in ice cream maker.