Dairy Free/Paleo Raspberry Sherbet!
I prefer sherbet over ice cream ANY DAY. Its lighter and honestly way simpler to make.
Someone recently asked me the difference between Ice cream, Sherbet and Sorbet. Ice cream is all cream +sugar based. Sherbet is a combo of Fruit, Some Milk (not heavy cream) and sometimes water with sugar and Sorbet is just fruit + Sugar and Water (no cream or milk)
I think personally that sherbet has the perfect amount of creaminess. This recipe uses only 4 ingredients and can be made with whole milk, a can of coconut milk or a quick homemade cashew milk (directions for all three options included) Its sweetened with honey - though if you are vegan another liquid sweetener would work too.
Make sure this spring/summer to make at least one of my sherbet recipes! You'll be amazed how delicious and legit they taste!
· 2 cups of fresh raspberries (OR frozen thawed out)
· 1 can (13.66 oz) can of full fat coconut milk OR 1 3/4 cup of whole Milk
· 3/4 cup of honey
· pinch of salt
· 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
1. Combine all the ingredients in the blender and then chill for 1 hour.
2. Pour chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers directions to make the "ice cream". My machine usually takes about 30 minutes.
3. Place the frozen sherbet in a freezer safe container and store for up to 1 month.
Another options or the milk portion of the recipe (the coconut or whole milk) is to make homemade cashew milk in the blender using 3/4 cup of water with 1 cup of raw-unsalted cashews. Just make sure to puree it all the way smooth :)