Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream!
This ice cream is bursting with fresh strawberry flavor!! More than any store bought version. The color is beautiful too which is a plus as it’s naturally colored. All of my ice cream recipes taste best if eaten in one week! After that they may start to get freezer burnt.
· 2 1/4 cups of chopped strawberries
· 3 TBSP Honey
· 2 TBSP of Gelatin
Ice cream base
· 4 1/4 cups of coconut cream (The heavy coconut milk from cans of full fat milk)
· 3/4 cup of honey (or Agave or Maple Syrup)
· 1 1/2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· tiny pinch of salt
1. To a sauce pan add the strawberries and honey crush the strawberries down creating a juice. Whisk in the Gelatin. Bring to a boil and reduce until it resembles almost a jam.
2. Add the "jam" to a blender as well as all the ice cream base ingredients. Blend until totally smooth.
3. Place in the fridge for a few hours to chill: note if you leave it in the fridge for a long time it will turn into a jello/panna cotta texture! This is ok- you just need to turn the blender back on or blend it vigorously by hand and it'll turn into a silky smooth pudding.
4. Pour the base into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen (or almost frozen) store in an air tight container in the freezer. *Optional: Stir in some additional chopped strawberries after churning it in the ice cream maker before placing it in the freezer.