Dairy Free Green Chicken Enchiladas (Gluten/Grain/Dairy/Egg/Sugar Free)
These gooey enchiladas are unbelievably flavorful and effortlessly dairy free! My homemade white sauce has a ton of flavor on its own, which really compliments the spicy, acidic salsa. Paired with fresh, soft, homemade tortillas, this dish will satisfy any Mexican food cravings you may have.
Feel free to customize this dish by adding diced chiles, red peppers, or mushrooms to the chicken, onion, and salsa saute.
· ~14 homemade grain free tortillas or corn tortillas OR ANY tortillas of choice.
· 1 lb raw chicken, chopped with bones removed
· 1/2 cup salsa verde
· Double Batch of my Dairy Free Brie Cream Sauce: Omit the gelatin and apple cider vinegar
· 1 medium onion, diced
· 1/2 tsp cumin
· 1/2 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp cayenne
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
· Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Make my super easy grain free tortillas. Set aside. (Or skip this step if you bought some!)
3. Make a DOUBLE BATCH of my dairy free brie cream sauce. Be sure to omit the gelatin and apple cider vinegar from the recipe. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, saute the chicken, onions, salsa verde, cumin, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has cooked down, but not dried up.
5. In a shallow baking dish, fill each of the tortillas with the chicken mixture (do not over stuff), roll them up, and place them side by side, nice and snug. Fill the entire baking dish.
6. Pour the creamy brie sauce over the tortillas and bake for 25-30 minutes to keep the cheese wet and gooey. Bake for 45 minutes if you prefer a golden top.
7. Top with fresh cilantro and more salsa verde if you'd like!