Dairy Free Goats Cheese! (Gluten/Grain/Egg/Soy free and Low Carb/keto)
How awesome does this cheese look?? Its tastes JUST as good. I was attempting dairy free feta- but ended up with a soft goat cheese instead and we LOVED it.
I was craving a greek flavored cheese and so I added some of Primal Palates Super Gyro seasoning.
This recipe is surprisingly easy to make and delicious! Hope you try it 🙂
· 1 batch of the Dairy Free Almond Milk Ricotta
· 1/2 tsp. Salt
· 1/4 tsp. Pepper
· Optional: 1 Tsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Spice Blend (or any other spices of choice)
1. Make a bath of my Dairy Free Almond Milk Ricotta, straining out as much liquid as possible.
2. Mix in the salt and pepper and any other spices of choice.
3. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Doesn't have to be put in any particular shape) Just get it on there and make sure its not more than 1/2 an inch thick.
4. Turn the oven on to 200 degrees and dry the cheese out for a few hours. How long the cheese needs depends on how watery or how thick your cheese was. This process is essentially just evaporating the remaining liquid and thickening the cheese.
5. Feel free to toss around the cheese a little every so often in the oven.
6. Once its as thick as you prefer remove and put in a tupperware container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. Use as you would goat cheese :)