Dairy Free Espresso Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
This week brings you yet ANOTHER ice cream recipe! Oh no, not another ice cream recipe... said no one ever! You guys all seemed to go absolutely crazy for the mint ice cream last week, which has spawned a huge influx of flavor requests. With so many awesome ideas pouring in at a rapid pace I figured, why not ride the ice cream train? Especially with many of you experiencing warm spring weather already, you are all ready to shake off the winter and blues and welcome the sun with open arms... and a bowl of ice cream!
· 2 3/4 Cup of Almond, Cashew, Coconut or Cows Milk
· 6 TBSP Espresso Coffee Grounds
· 1 1/2 TBSP Gelatin
· 3 Cups of Raw Cashews or Cashew Flour
· 1 1/2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
· 1/8 Tsp Salt
· 3/4 Cup of Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup
· 1 TBSP Of additional coffee grounds
· 1 cup of Chocolate Chips (Dairy or Nondairy) to stir in at the end.
1. Make Coffee using the Milk and Espresso (I used a french press coffee maker and use the milk instead of water) After you have brewed the milk/coffee pour it into a sauce pan or microwave safe bowl (Or a sauce pan) Mix in the gelatin and then bring to a boil in the microwave or saucepan.
2. Pour the hot gelatin/coffee/milk into a blender. Add the Cashews, Vanilla, Salt, Honey and Additional Coffee grounds. Process until completely smooth.
3. Place the blender jar into a fridge to chill for 1-2 hours until it is no longer hot.
4. Remove from the fridge once it has cooled a bit (If it has gotten a layer on top give it a stir or place it on the blender again for 15 seconds till smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker following the manufactures directions. Once Churned stir in chocolate chips. Then place in a freezer safe container. Eat within one week for best texture.